Publication Ethics Statement
Publication of an article in a peer-reviewed journal is a crucial building block in the general network of knowledge. Therefore, it is of utmost importance to set and agree upon standards of expected ethical behavior and strictly follow them to avoid publication malpractice. For this purpose, publishing in System Theory, Control and Computing Journal is based on the following principles of Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement.
· The submitted article is original.
· The submitted article does not contain any statement/information that is intentionally misleading or inaccurate.
· All authors are aware of the full content of the submitted article prior to the submission. The content represents their own contributions and the authorship is limited to those who have made a significant contribution.
· The submitted article has not been previously published. An exception to this rule is when the article is an extension of a conference paper. In this case, the title and abstract must be changed, at least 30% of the new manuscript must be different, and the initial conference paper must be cited.
· The work presented in the submitted article is not being considered for publication elsewhere in any form and neither will be submitted for such consideration while under review by STCCJ.
· The submitted article does not violate any privacy right and neither infringes any intellectual property rights nor any other rights of any kind of any person or entity. The same is valid for any duty of confidentiality, which the author(s) may owe to a third party. The submitted article does not contain any material or instructions that might cause harm or injury.
· If any portions of the work are owned or controlled by a third party, permission has been obtained and included with the submitted article for the right to use and authorize use in print and online formats.
· Any facts that might be perceived as a possible conflict of interest of the author(s) must be disclosed in the paper prior to submission.
The Editor together with the members of the Editorial Board is responsible for:
· Ensuring unbiased single-blind peer review process for each submitted paper regardless of the author’s race, citizenship, age, gender, political or any other orientation.
· Selecting suitable reviewers and evaluating submitted manuscripts exclusively based on their academic and intellectual merit, the quality of research conducted, and the presentation of the research.
· Making final decisions about the paper to be published in the journal
· Ensuring that new Editorial Board members are provided with guidelines on how to handle manuscripts and what is expected from them in the journal.
· Ensuring that unpublished materials are not used in the research of the Editor or any other third side.
· Appropriate reactions in case of ethical complaints and suitable resolution of potential problems.
· Publishing corrections, retractions, and similar, when needed.
Reviewers need to ensure that:
· Their expertise enables them to make an objective assessment of the submitted paper and, in case the manuscript has merits for publication, the reviewers provide the authors with recommendations that assist them to improve their manuscript.
· In case the reviewer does not feel qualified to review a paper, or cannot provide a timely review, the Editor should be immediately informed of that.
· Reviews are done objectively assessing the scientific content and technical aspects of the submitted manuscript.
· The editor is informed on copyright infringement or plagiarism if the reviewer is aware of any.
· The editor is informed of any kind of conflict of interest the reviewer might have in reviewing the manuscript.
· The work and data presented in the submitted manuscript must be treated confidentially.
The publisher provides practical support to the Editor and Editorial Board but ensures the autonomy of decisions at the same time. Publisher protects intellectual property and copyright and ensures the publishing standards and good practices described above are maintained.